This tutorial will take you step-by-step to achieving the perfect cup of coffee, with our CoastLine French Press.
What You'll Need
(This recipe is based on one single, 400mL serving)
Coffee Press (View our CoastLine French Press Here)
Coarse Ground Coffee (Or Whole Bean Coffee & A Grinder)
Boiling Water (We use Bonavita Variable Temperature Electric Kettle)
Digital Kitchen Scale (See our CoastLine Pour-Over Scale)
1. Fill glass press chamber with warm/hot water, then empty. This prepares the chamber for boiling water later.
2. While water is boiling, measure out 40g of coarse ground coffee, or whole beans to be ground. (We love our CoastLine Ceramic Hand Grinder, but often resort to our Baratza Encore Conical Burr Grinder for a quick and precise grind).
3. Add measured grounds to chamber, and place French Press on scale. 'Tare' the scale to Zero.
4. Pour approximately 100g (100mL) of water over grounds to saturate, stir gently, and wait 30 seconds. Add remaining 300g (300mL) of water to the Press, and set timer for 4 minutes.
6. After 4 minutes, stir gently again, spooning off the floating grounds.
7. Over the course of 15 seconds, plunge the press screen to the bottom of the chamber.
8. Pour & Enjoy!